Learn to read music
PrestoKeys offers different levels of scaffolding to help you learn to read and play. You’ll be improving in no time with the game’s intuitive scoring system that promotes accuracy, speed and makes learning to play fun!
Suitable for all levels
PrestoKeys offers a full range of settings that can be customised to suit a person who has never touched a piano in their life and even challenge experts.
Quickly select from a list of presets and start playing right away.
Or if you want more control…
Refine your settings to match your skill level perfectly, with the option to:
- Choose a range of notes that you are comfortable with from the Bass Clef and/or Treble Clef
- Choose a key signature* and/or enable sharps and flats
- Enable any rhythm combinations by choosing from a list of 6 note lengths
- Modify the tempo in-game so you can select the perfect playing speed to match your ability
Learn by experience
Receive crucial feedback after playing a note so you can learn from your mistakes and rapidly improve your note recognition ability. This is fully customisable, so you can select the feedback you want to hear.
Ultimately it’s up to you how much you want to improve – the more you practise, the better you get… so why not have fun while you’re practising with PrestoKeys!
Vast array of assistance
PrestoKeys offers several assistance settings to cater for players of varying abilities.
- Display a template of letters over the staff if you are unsure of the letters
- Optionally play using only a single octave piano so you don’t need to worry about hitting the right octave
- Indicate which piano keys to press if you get stuck
- Wait for you to play the notes correctly before moving on
- Pause the game at any time if you need to take a short break
… and the list goes on!
Many ways to play
PrestoKeys currently includes 4 ways to play notes
- Click on the on-screen piano keys
- Use a row of letters on the computer keyboard to imitate an octave of a piano
- Type the letter name of the note on your computer keyboard
- Play with a real MIDI keyboard*
Practising is fun
PrestoKeys provides several game modes so practising will always be fun!
- Let the notes scroll and play them as they hit the line to improve your timing
- Play notes one at a time to improve your reflexes
- Play the ‘Challenge’ modes for added pressure
There are also several other features that keep you entertained while you practise.
- Play chords* instead of single notes
- Play any piano MIDI song
- Play with the metronome to keep you in time
- Play using any other instrument* in any key by using sound as feedback (no scoring available for this mode)
- Play using solfa* (movable Do)
- More instruments options to come soon
PrestoKeys automatically checks for updates so you are always equipped with the latest features as they are released. If you purchase the pro version of the game, you will be entitled to free updates for life and the pro features including midi input, chords, smart notes, solfa mode and key signatures.
Your feedback determines what changes and what new features arise, so help improve PrestoKeys and leave your suggestions!
* = only available in Pro version